Serra da Babilônia Wind ComplexVárzea Nova and Morro do Chapéu, BA • 223.25MW
A giant in Bahia
The wind plant is located in the cities of Várzea Nova and Morro do Chapéu (BA), about 330 km from the state capital of Salvador. A total of 223.25MW is generated across 95 Wobben Enercon 2.35 MW wind turbines.
The energy produced is transported from the Serra da Babilônia Power Grid (34.5 kV/230 kV with 300MVA) through a 75km transmission line to the Morro do Chapéu II Power Grid, where it connects with the SIN (National Interconnected System) grid.
- 223.25 MW
- 95 Wind turbines
The towns of Várzea Nova and Morro do Chapéu have a combined population of 48 thousand inhabitants. The closest city is Ourolândia, from where the plant can be accessed.
The communities surrounding the plant have already received about 6 million Brazilian reals in social programs that are in progress or concluded. The social actions encompass health, education, waste management, agroecology, roadways, water supply and sewage.
- pdf 2018.08.10_Copacabana_VigeoEiris_CBI Report_Pre-Issuance DOWNLOAD
- pdf 2019.10.02_Copacabana_VigeoEiris_CBI Report_Post-Issuance DOWNLOAD
- pdf 2018.08.13_Copacabana_CBI_Certification DOWNLOAD
- pdf 2021-07-30_Update-report_Template_(Annual)_SDB DOWNLOAD
- pdf Climate Bonds Standard v2_1 - January_2017 DOWNLOAD
- pdf Copacabana - 1 QFR and Notes 2019 DOWNLOAD
- pdf Copacabana - 2 QFR and Notes 2019 DOWNLOAD
- pdf Copacabana - 3 QFR and Notes 2019 DOWNLOAD
- pdf Copacabana-1QFR-and-Notes-2020 DOWNLOAD
- pdf Copacabana-2QFR-and-Notes-2020 DOWNLOAD
- pdf Copacabana-3QFR-and-Notes-2020 DOWNLOAD
- pdf Copacabana - 1 QFR and Notes 2021 DOWNLOAD